memorial donations

Till Then - A beautiful tribute.




Donations made in memory of Joey Lounsbury - June 18, 2007 – March 11, 2015

When I adopted Joey in 2008, not only was I rescuing him, but he was also rescuing me. He was the reason I smiled at the end of even the hardest of days. He was my companion, my snuggle bug and my best friend. I’ll believe that I’ll see him again in heaven until God tells me otherwise. In the meantime, I know that his loss has opened the door for another rescue in my home and heart, and I hope that donations made in his memory will continue to help care for and provide for more rescues like him until they find their own forever homes. His little sister Lucy and I miss him terribly, but will honor his life by loving again.

Donations made in memory of Bonnie Dahman

Donations made by:

Hugh Burgess
David and Linda Moore
Ed Reinhart
William and Patti Bucher
Norman Dahmen Jones
G.S. Long Co., Inc.
Gary Long
Curtis and Barbara Cazier
Robert and Joan Hoeft
Mary Jo Kern

Donations made in memory of Darlene Bransford

Donations made by:

Mary Hardy
Bill & Mickey Thompson
Marvin and Betty Jones
Evergreen Mobile Park
Cora, Craig and Linda, Katy and Sam, Tracy and Jeff

Donations made in memory of Tyler Lundberg

In Memory of our son Tyler Lundberg, and his love for animals
"Forever in our Hearts"

Donations made by:

Carroll and Claudia Hoffbauer
Dina, Rick and Kacee Bootsma
Ted & Pamela Durfey
William & Linda Suhadolnik
Mel Tanasse
Gordon & Dorothy Lowery
Barbara Lundberg
Timothy & Cherie Trammell
Shyla & Joseph Schneider
Gilbert & Sylvia Newhouse
Nicole & Paul Woolpert
Columbia Valley Fruit
Broetje Orchards LLC
Richard & Delores Sandberg
Kevin and Renee Bouchey


In October of 2012 two donations were made in memory of Kathleen Hotchko

In memory of Kathleen Hotchko

for her love of her dog, Ginger,

and all animals.

In July of 2012 Karen Roff made a donation in memory of Maggie


I’m a little pee-pot short and stout,
What was wrong with me, the vets couldn’t find out.

The angels took me to the Rainbow Bridge today,
Mommy and the vet helped me on my way.

Mommy held me in her arms and said good-bye,
And I saw her face and I heard her cry.

But I know that now at last I will be free,
And I’ll run and play with my friend Curly.

We’ll be strong and well and have no more pain,
And play where there is sunshine, and never rain.

Gentle angels will hold us in their arms,
To be sure we never come to harm.

We will wait along with Jesus for that happy day,
When our Mommy will join us in our joyful play.

We will run to greet her then at Heaven’s door,
And we will all be together forever more.

Maggie 4/1/2001 - 5/1/2012

On August 26, 2008 Jason and Jennifer Ray made a donation in memory of Sesi

We got Sesi after I had lost a rescue dog.  I cried and cried.  My heart was broken for months.  Finally my breeder said that she had a litter coming and I could have a girl from it.  She was on the phone when the litter was being born and she said “a red girl came out” and I said “I want her!”  She was my soul mate, an answer to prayer.  We were very close, she snuggled with me, was very loving to everyone and everyone loved her.  She taught me unconditional love.  We lost her at the age of 5 and half to a host of issues, epilepsy, auto immune disease, they were just a few.  I tried so hard to save her, making special food, vitamins anything I could think of... but nothing worked.  

I find comfort in the fact that I'm sure my mom, who was a huge animal lover, was the first one to greet her at those pearly gates. I know she scratched her ears and gave her kisses and they are both waiting for me to join them.

For months I grieved, I could not imagine life without her.  I wanted to honor Sesi in some way.  One day a friend told me the best way to remember her, was to rescue an animal that needs help.  What a perfect idea.  Sesi would have wanted me to.

On October 24, 2008 Anne Eichler made a donation in memory of Harley

Harley was a very special Great Dane. He was loved by me and everyone who knew him from the time he was 8 weeks old until he was 4 and a half years old, when he died. In 2003 Harley spent 5 days at the vet, refusing to eat and being sustained only by IV fluids. He had many tests run on him, but the doctors could find nothing wrong. He decided one day to eat again, and his health bounced back quickly. He got strong and healthy, and was at his heaviest weight in early 2004. This spring he started showing signs that he was sick again, and by summer he had begun losing more weight. Harley started the spring off at 128 pounds, and at his death weighed only 78 pounds. Harley went to his vet, where they told us they could do nothing for him. They didn't want to test and test and come up with nothing again, so they referred us to some specialists. We took Harley to another local vet for a second opinion, and right away they suspected Harley had Addison's disease, which affects the adrenal glands. By Saturday the 25th, they had diagnosed him as Addisonian. They believed that it could be the cause of his rapid weight loss and disinterest in food. All was looking well...but then Sunday morning, the vet called and sounded distressed. We MUST take Harley to WSU (Washington State University has one of the finest vet programs around) right away, his protein levels were so low, the only thing that could help him now was a plasma transplant and blood transfusions with 'round the clock care. Annie's wonderful friend JP loaded Annie and Harley up in Annie's car and drove them 4 hours to Pullman , WA . Annie spent the whole time with Harley in her lap, petting and loving him, talking to him to let him know he was gonna be just fine, no matter what. Harley seemed to look at me with understanding and knowing that day...he was sending me messages with those soulful eyes...he knew that these were our last hours together. Harley collapsed in the parking lot on the way in the hospital, very weak and even though he tried hard, and his tail was still wagging, he just couldn't make it in on his own. The doctors picked him up and immediately put him on fluids and blood, doing all they could for him. We spent 3 hours there, before I said goodbye to my boy, unknowing it would be the last time I saw my beautiful guy. Two hours later, doctors called to tell me that while moving Harley to another table, he collapsed again, went into cardiac arrest, and they were unable to revive him. Harley died on September 26th, 2004. He'll be sorely missed....Play hard Harley, on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge ...Mommy will be with you again someday!

On October 25, 2008 The Smith and Destito Family & Friends made a donation in memory of Max

Max Destito/Smith
August 14, 2001-September 25, 2008

This spirited, loving, happy young dog spent the majority of his life with his loving family Michelle, Mark, Michael, and Morgan Destito. Max was adopted by family members Tim, Robin, and Tyler Smith after the Destito family left to serve the United States Government in Ankara, Turkey.

Max passed away unexpectedly one evening and his remains reside in Yakima, Washington. He is in the hearts of many loved ones and will be missed greatly.

Run with the big dogs upstairs Max. We LOVE you!

On December 22, 2008 Ron and Juanda Krebs made a donation in memory of Pokey

My name was Pokey.   I lived in a horrible place for a while but then I got adopted by neighbors just down the street and life was good.   My parents loved me beyond belief.  The people that owned me before never knew I was so close that I could see their house every day.   I didn't want to see it.   Mom called me Pokey Boy or Pokey Pig and my Dad called me The Pokemeister.   My mom and dad would come home from work and I would stand on the stairs and talk and talk.   I talked to them all of the time.

My best friend was Georgie Girl and Kirby would bring her to the Park and we would  chase kites and run as fast as the wind.  Now, Georgie Girl and I are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

On December 22, 2008 Ron and Juanda Krebs made a donation in memory of Ron Stephens

Ron Stephens, one of the good guys.  Ron started his Better Business Bureau career 2 years before I did.  Ron was a long time community servant, most recently serving as President of The Better Business Bureau of Palm Beach County, where he served from 1990 until his retirement in 1998.  Prior to his position in West Palm Beach, Mr. Stevens served as the President of the Better Business Bureau of Central New York, located in Syracuse from 1987 to 1990, and as a Project Manager and Director of Special Programs for the Council of Better Business Bureaus from 1972 to 1987.  From 1970 to 1972 he held various positions with the Better Business Bureaus of Milwaukee and St. Louis.  Ron passed away November 3, 2008.

On June 14, 2009 Laurel & Dan Belton, Steve & Cheryl Belton made a donation in memory of  Ed Stout


 Who loved animals and was
   involved  in animal rescue.

On October 7, 2009  In memory of Betty Farris, a donation was made to the Merlin Scholarship Fund and Bentley's Education Fund

Betty Farris, loving mother of Mark Farris, his wife Diane Farris, and grandchildren Laura and Carolyn Farris, passed unexpectedly on October 29, 2008. She received her nursing degree from Alderson-Broaddus College at Philippi, West Virginia.  From there, Betty obtained her Masters in Teaching from UCLA and then taught nursing for 30 years at Mt. San Antonia College in the San Gagriel Valley, California.

As a strong believer in education, we felt she would approve of Bentley's Education Fund, which already has a teaching program in the local schools and the Merlin Scholarship Fund for furthering veterinary medicine. The Merlin Scholarship provides scholarships at Yakima Valley Community College Vet-Tech program and Washington State University School of Veterinary Medicine.

Betty will be deeply missed by her family and friends 

On March 2, 2010  Lisa Savage and Mike Picatti made a donation in memory of Shadow

We found Shadow living in a chicken coop at an abandoned farm house.  We noticed her in the orchard and sitting on the stoop of the old farmhouse.  We asked the neighbors and they told us her name was Shadow and she had been abandoned by a farmer who lived a few miles away. We immediately took her in.  She was shy and slow to trust (who could blame her?) but sweet and loving.  We were instantly in love.

 Poor thing was in terrible shape – she had a huge cyst on her tummy, tons of cheat grass in her ears and had a healed-over backside full of buck shot!  How could anyone treat another living thing that way?  The vets at Tieton Dr Animal Clinic fixed her right up!


It took a bit of time but eventually she found her true inner Golden Retriever.  She found nirvana at Cannon Beach.  She went with us on the first vacation we took after we found her – 4 days at Cannon Beach.  She loved it.  It was so fun to see her blossom.  At first she was so shy of people and always afraid when they raised their hand that they are going to smack her.  The first day on the beach she learned really quickly that the beach is full of dog lovers and that everyone she met wanted to love her.  Once she realized that she started bounding up to everyone looking for cuddles.  She turned in to the official beach greeter and everyone knew her by name.    


She honored us with her trust.  She was so special to us. Our hearts are broken and we miss her terribly.



Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, 

that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. 
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; 

those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, 

just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; 

they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops 

and looks into the distance. 

His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. 

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, 

flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, 

you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. 

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, 

and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, 

so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together